Where girl talk gets REAL and what Cynthea Says, goes.

Friday, July 5, 2013

BFFs

Friends.
You gain some, you lose some. Being an army brat, I have experienced a lot of the whole losing and gaining friends thing. I have moved from state to state and school to school. Of course I met some good people in my life, some stuck to me and some didn't. I quickly realized that when people say, "We'll keep in touch!" They don't really mean that they'll actually be keeping in contact with you, they mean they'll like a pic of you on instagram occasionally.
     Friends aren't always lost because of moving though! Ohhhh nooo, most of the time they are lost over petty high school drama. Cliques and fitting in are NO joke. That stuff is real. The movie "Mean Girls" had it right with the "plastics." It wasn't until about my senior year in high school that I realized the seriousness of cliques and being accepted. It seemed that everyone around me was trying to be the "realest" one. That was such a big thing, being "real." When I think about it now, it was the same people who tried to come of as "real" who had the most to hide. That year, "friends" were turning on me like pancakes. One day we were snapping selfies and calling each other pet names and the next day they were just an old memory I was forced to avoid. Its really sad that us girls (I say girls because it really is usually just us who do this) base our friendships off of other people's opinions and feelings towards the person.
     Throughout all the crap I had to go through with my so called "friends", I did meet some real life-long friends that I really cherish. Friendships shouldn't have complications and be a bunch of issues. Friends shouldn't bring you down or make you feel bad about yourself. Friends also shouldn't play those social network games like deleting you or unfollowing you because of a little problem you guys have. Those are not friends. Thoseeee are what I call, "Crazy Skank-achoos you need to get out of your life!" Friends are the people who have seen you at your best and worst moments. People who stick with you no matter how near or far. Friends will help build you up after you have completely deteriorated. Friends don't need you for your money or all that you have, all they want is you.
     My note to you ladies: Watch your back, don't always trust everyone's word, and cut the bad friends out of your life. If they're drama now, they'll be even MORE drama later. Cut 'em off!

No one can be there for you like you can.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment