Where girl talk gets REAL and what Cynthea Says, goes.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

WTF WEDNESDAY: The Job Interview & Kim K








What up though?! You know what day it is! We're back at it guys, its WTF Wednesday! Well, so far my week has been alright. Today has started off with a blah feel. It was a struggle to get up this morning and when I got to school every one seems to be irritating me. (Sorry guys) But I know that after some time with my dear blog, I will feel all better! 
Let's talk about this Kim K & Kanye West thing first! So he has proposed! 
Kanye West’s union with Kim Kardashian is a match made in prenup lawyers’ heaven. But oddsmakers and some celeb watchers don’t expect it to last long.
I mean, it's not like I'm surprised or anything. They have a child for goodness sake! BUT then again, she literally just got through a divorce from NBA player, Kris Humphries, but hey! This is celebrity world, they can do stuff like that. Sources have reported that her ring is around 8 million dollars. Talk about a rock! 8 million though? I guess that's just the type of money you have to shell out when you're Kanye, but sheesh, that's mouths that can be fed, houses that can be built, a car (or a couple really) all placed on one little finger. 
WTF? 
Okay, well Kim and Kanye's engagement is already getting enough press, so I'll just stop right there so we can talk about me and my WTF situation.
The Interview 
Wednesday, of last week, I saw some information on the white board in one of my classes. It said, "Good pay! Now hiring students!" and listed a number and website. I've been looking for a job after my job as a cashier at Barnes & Nobles quickly ended (No, I didn't do anything crazy. It was a temporary job). So I thought that little message on the white board was a sign! My boyfriend says I often take stupid things as signs, but I really did think it was! So as soon as I got out of the class I got on my phone, went to the website, and applied. I felt accomplished!
     A few hours later, I got a call from a woman from the company I had applied for and she said she wanted to ask me a few questions. For a second I wasn't sure if I was talking to a prerecorded message or a real person because she felt the need to say my name in every statement she made. 
     She asked, "How did you find out about us CYNTHEA?" I answered. Then she asked, "Do you go to school CYNTHEA?" I answered. Then she said, "Well CYNTHEA, I am glad you chose our company..." and blah blah blah. She gave me the information about where to go, when to be there, and how to dress. That was it! My interview was scheduled for the next day. Quick, huh? Yeah, for a reason!
     Thursday came along and I was all excited! I was excited because I knew I would finally be getting a job and Lord knows I needed it! My mom warned me, jobs like this are usually salesmen jobs and that I'll probably have to call people and do stupid work, but I figured I'd find out anyway. They emphasized on being on time, so I tried to be early, but I ended up getting there the exact time it was scheduled which was good enough for me!  
Photo: Boss Lady. :)
My spiffy little outfit 

I enter the building feeling all spiffy in my cute little professional outfit I had came up with moments before the interview and was seated in a quiet room with two other girls. One of the girls said she had an emergency call and never came back (now that's a sign!) Then a guy came in  a few moments after she left. So there was three of us. We went through this whole long, stretched out interview process where we filled out an application and had to wait for the managers to come speak to us.
     Finally the lady who would be doing the interview came in and told us about the company...and well...yeah. Do you know what I had applied for ladies and gentlemen? A company that sales knives.....KNIVES! 

You get paid by the appointment, not by the hour, and you have to find your own customers, and overall it was just a FAIL of a job. Trying to be positive about the whole situation, I decided that I would simply take this as a learning experience and I figured at least I was getting interview practice! We were told that at the end of the interview only one of us would get the job. At this point, I really didn't care if I got the job or not, I didn't want it! We were each called into her office to find out the results and how our interview went. When she called my name, I was not a bit of nervous. I walked into her office, she made me answer a few more questions, ya know, "Why should you get this job?" and blah blah blah. Of course I had to make up a bunch of stuff. But... it worked! She stood up, reached for my hand, I shook it, and she said I got the job. 

                                               

Like really? The one job I did not want, I get?! Why must this world play with my life this way? 
To put the cherry on top, after I was done I was expecting my boyfriend to pick me up but because of work duties...he couldn't. So, I walked approximately 3 er so miles home in the humidity all the way home.The next day, I called the company and told them I wouldn't be taking the job (Obviously). Oh what a night that was. A true WTF moment at its finest. 

Lesson to take from this: Find out what EXACTLY you're applying for, before you do!

xoxo
Cynthea 

P.S.
Don't forget to send me your WTF moments so they can be featured in the next WTF Wednesday! 


No comments:

Post a Comment