Where girl talk gets REAL and what Cynthea Says, goes.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

My Weekend+



Hello loves,

Let's catch up! You haven't heard from me since Wednesday and I've actually done a few things worth talking about since then, so let's chat! We'll start from Saturday!
Saturday
A couple of weeks ago I signed up to get emails from this volunteer group at my school and Friday I got an email for my first volunteer event that I would go to on Saturday. I was very excited! They said we would be going to a homeless children's shelter doing some yard work with them, getting to know them and the facility, and teach them a bit about nutrition. When we were heading there I was expecting a bunch of sad and poor children with big puppy-dog eyes like from those depressing commercials. Instead, there were only 3 kids and they were definitely not little.
The first boy I met said he wanted to go to college in Alabama, not at LSU, and listed all of the sports he had played with a smile on his face. He helped with the yard work and pulled out the tough roots for me. He was polite,kind, and I  just couldn't see what he was doing in this place! After the yard work, I was taking the bags to the dumpster and one of the boys who lived there offered to take it for me. I could tell from the second I met him he was one of those heart-breakers at his school, but he was sweet. Then, after the yard work, I met the only girl. She seemed distant, but once you got to talking, she quickly spoke her mind like you had been best friends for years. I could tell she just wanted some friendship, some female attention. She talked about her favorite rapper and how she can twerk, it was quite hilarious.
I really enjoyed my time their with those kids, they were so inviting and all they needed was some love and good parenting, or in heart-breaker's case: a girlfriend. Yeah, he asked me for my number! I thought it was funny that a 16 year-old was asking me out, just to find out he was 13! What are they feeding these kids?
After my eventful couple hours volunteering I got home, went to my bed and laid there...for hours. I'm not sure if it was me being tired from the yard-work, or if I was just drained from the week overall, but I didn't want to get up! So later that night I got this sudden burst of energy and cleaned everything in the house and did a bit of decorating. My room is a work in progress so there is always something to add! 
I got them to go with my vintage theme
A timeline of all of my photo booth pictures
Sunday 
This day was like a perfect Fall day! It was nice and crisp outside, I had my laptop, and I went to a coffee shop. It was lovely. I went to this cute little (not actually little) coffee shop right off campus. It's really like a writer's heaven. I had just gotten my chai tea and chocolate muffin and sat down at the bar area right next to the window.


As I was settling in, there was this big loud fly buzzing around the window annoying the HECK out of me. I rolled up an old newspaper and WHACKED the stupid thing dead. I felt extremely proud of myself for killing a fly (you know those things are hard to kill) except when I realized where it landed...

Yeah! So I obviously got a new cup of tea and after that nice event, everything was peachy keen!
Monday 
Yesterday was a good Monday! A good monday...what is that, right? Mondays are never good! Well, mine surprisingly was! It started with a cute outfit, if I do say so myself, and ended at this paint war called Splatterbeat.

Today 
It's Tuesday but has definitely felt like a Monday. It was a struggle waking up, but I've been pretty productive I'd like to think! Can't wait for my bed and I to meet up again.
Well, that is it! All wrapped up in a nutshell! If that wasn't exciting enough for you, its WTF Wednesday tomorrow and WTF Wednesdays are wonderful! So, make sure to come back to me tomorrow. 

xoxo
Cynthea 

No comments:

Post a Comment